Aktuellt datum och tid: tor 24-03-28 15:24

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 7 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 09-12-25 16:19 
Forummoderator

Obormot skrev:
i read many messages in our forums from users of such systems and ask them a questions - i was interested in such system 2-3 years ago - and no one told about problems with quick change of the temperature of the cooling liquid.

they using extra cooling liquid in thermos and replacing cold liquid by hot (electric pump) before start.

30-50 eyars ago in Russian Siberia was wery popular 2 ways of cold-start solution: do not turn off engine till spring (not joke!) and drain all cooling liquid, take it home, warm it up at morning, fill cooling system and start engine. any problems. in winter there -40...-50C and fuel was VERY cheap. i mean 1-2 cent per liter.

:lol:
I asked now how they did in Lativa during sovjetic time.
Since they didnt have glychole(!!!), they always took out the water in the evening and put back fresh, warm water in the morning!
Glychole was expensive!
In the same process they made a good coldstart every morning...

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 09-12-25 17:03 

not expencive - glychole is very agressive and can damage aluminium, copper and rubber.

when was invented spesial additives, solving this problem, everyone sttart to use glychole-based antifreese.

and was salt-based antifreeses, but they was not very popular.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 09-12-25 17:24 
Forummoderator

Obormot skrev:
not expencive - glychole is very agressive and can damage aluminium, copper and rubber.

when was invented spesial additives, solving this problem, everyone sttart to use glychole-based antifreese.

and was salt-based antifreeses, but they was not very popular.

They say they had Tosol, but only for private cars, probably salt based.
But Im not talking about the 40:s now...but all the time up to 1990...
I think also in Sovjet they had solved the corrosion problem of glychole with additives long time before 1970..or...?

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 09-12-25 18:01 

Tosol is glycol-based antefreese, it was created in 1971 with start of VAZ auto-fabric (imported from Fiat) instead italian antifreese "Paraflu".

before this time used mixture of ethanol and water, but this is just ready vodka, and drivers ofted drink it and drive, so in trucks and other big cars used just water. drivers every evening drain it, and every morning fill hot water into system.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 09-12-25 19:13 
Forummoderator

Ja, ethanol should only use in the car...
OK, tosol is glychol, probably needed because of the aluminium engine of the Vaz.
But they never introduced Tosol in the large trucks and buses before 1990...!
Imagine what extra work to empty and fill the system every day in wintertime.
And what happened if driver forgot to empty before a cold night...

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 09-12-25 20:07 

of cource tosol used in trucks and buses from 1970-s. not from 1990-s!

in trucks and buses it is a possibility of using water - quick drain valves e.t.c.

or possibility of quick changing of antifreese - for cold start with warmed antifreese.

there is special equipment in big auto firms with many trucks and buses in Siberia - car with tank of hot antifreese quickly refill truck and it can start engine almost instantly. with temperature -40...-50C it is only one way to quick start cold engine.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: lör 09-12-26 22:53 
Forummoderator

Closed systems with circulating coolant with antifreeze is very common since the 60s in busgarages even in Sweden.
It gives excellent coldstart abilties and low energyconsumption.
In 1980s nobody in Latvia had energyconsumption in mind.
But coldstart-abilitiy was needed for sure.
So, every driver had to start the day with carrrying two or more buckets of warm, clean water to fill his truck...
Im talking about fields of trucks parked over the night, with pipes digged down, where warm drinking water was distributed to some 5 trucks next to eachother.
Well organized in a way but...there was no re-use of the coolant so they had to use pure water due to cost reasons...
And hey, small leakages as were common didnt mean so much if it only was water lost...

Edit: I got it now confirmed from the cheif mechanic of Liepajas public transport-bus-garage during the 70ths and 80ths, that only buses that where to be used early in the coming morning not was drained of coolant after working day wintertime.
Those buses were instead kept running on idle all the night...

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 7 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme