Forum för föreningen etanol.nu
Aktuellt datum och tid: tis 24-03-19 10:26

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 41 inlägg ]  Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: Re: Svart kladd
InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 05:29 

reez skrev:
Löste sig inte alls i isopropanol, ställde alla spridare i förtunningen så jag kan inte testa mer. Min SAAB-mek sa att svart klet var hyfsat vanligt på Biopower-bilarna men att det löste sig i bensin. Frågan om vad det är kvarstår dock...

Vad det är är en intressant fråga helt klart. Fast värre är väl att det där är en av de saker som har bidragit till att sänka E85 som bränsle när "vanligt folks" bilar kladdar igen och börjar gå dåligt.

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 10:28 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

Det troligaste är nog ändå att svarta kladdet är samma sak som "gamla" rosa klegget med lite sot som gör det svart. Det uppstår pga bensintillsatsen PIB (polyisobuten) som i sin tur kan polymerisera till butylgummi. PIB och butylgummi kan inte lösas upp av etanol eller propanol men det tål t ex inte bensin vilket förklarar att det kan hjälpa att tanka bensin då och då.

Kemisk ren bensin eller alkylat bensin borde vara ett bättre alternativ att lösa upp det med, då slipper man få mera PIB på köpet.

Se http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butyl_rubber
Citat:
Butyl rubber is a synthetic rubber, a copolymer of isobutylene with isoprene. The abbreviation IIR stands for Isobutylene Isoprene Rubber. Polyisobutylene, also known as "PIB" or polyisobutene, (C4H8)n, is the homopolymer of isobutylene, or 2-methyl-1-propene, on which butyl rubber is based. Butyl rubber is produced by polymerization of about 98% of isobutylene with about 2% of isoprene. Structurally, polyisobutylene resembles polypropylene, having two methyl groups substituted on every other carbon atom. Polyisobutylene is a colorless to light yellow viscoelastic material. It is generally odorless and tasteless, though it may exhibit a slight characteristic odor.

Citat:
As a fuel additive, polyisobutylene has detergent properties. When added to diesel fuel, it resists fouling of fuel injectors, leading to reduced hydrocarbon and particulate emissions. It is blended with other detergents and additives to make a "detergent package" that is added to gasoline and diesel fuel to resist buildup of deposits and engine knock.

Här hittade jag bra info om det med E85
http://forums.evolutionm.net/e85-ethano ... oam-3.html

Citat:
Here are most of the useful posts from that thread for people who don't want to read the whole thing. Most of these posts are from 'thiazole', who is a chemist that actually tested the injector gunk, along with a couple from others in the thread:

Citat:
Alright, I finished my analysis of this stuff, and my finding is very unexpected. I think it will probably surprise everyone else as well. This doesn't appear to be forming because ethanol is "such a good solvent" but because ethanol is a poor solvent. I suppose it should have been obvious when others said that it "washes right off with gasoline". Why would something that ethanol is selectively dissolving wash off with gasoline? If this were something in rubber or from our fuel tanks, wouldn't that imply that gasoline would dissolve it even more readily than E85?

Alright, so what is this stuff? It is a appears to be a very large petroleum based hydrocarbon, similar to Vaseline. There isn't a single hetero-atom in the molecule (ie, the entire molecule is comprised of hydrogens and carbons), but the molecule is very large. It is also completely aliphatic (ie, only single bonds in the structure - no double or triple bonds). Where did it come from? I can only think of two different sources it could be coming from. It is either something that is mixed in with the rubber hoses that is meant to dissolve away in the gasoline, or it is a trace impurity in the 15% gasoline that is in E85 that wasn't separated during the fractional distillation process. Because it is such a large molecule, it wouldn't be very soluble in ethanol and could easily crash out of solution at the injector.

Citat:
Well, here is what I did just so everyone is clear. I filled a 40mL vial with E85 and blew it dry with nitrogen gas and mild heating (about 150*F). After there was no fuel left, I placed it under high vacuum to remove any remaining volatiles for about an hour. I was left with a clear sticky residue that smelled bad - like nasty frying oil. I dissolved this sample in the NMR solvent and analyzed it and it IS the same goo that was on the injector. There was smaller amounts of some other stuff in it as well, but the same peaks I saw in the black goo were in this residue. The black goo IS coming from the E85. It isn't naturally black, though. I suspect it just has soot mixed in with it that is giving it the color.

So the next challenge is figuring out why is this crap in our fuel, and if it is in everyone's fuel (particularly people who aren't having this problem).

Citat:
Gum in E85!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, it isn't chewing gum, of course. I think gum is a *** term for high MW sticky solids. Anyway, if you look at table 1 in this article, it mentions that there is up to 5mg of "solvent-washed gum content"/100mL and up to 20mg "unwashed gum content"/100mL. It think this might be what is sticking to our injectors.

Later in the article it also mentions that mixing E85 and pump gas WILL cause additives to crash out and stick to the injectors and intake runners. I don't think this is what we are seeing since I saw the molecule in a clean sample of E85, but it does open that possibility for others who are mixing.

(link to doc that didn't work)

Citat:
So I'm in a brief meeting intermission, but I really am convinced that this stuff is the "gum" mentioned in that article. I found another paper that defined the gum as the residue left after evaporation of the fuel. I'm going to see if I can get ahold of the author of that paper and see if I can figure out exactly what the "gum" is to verify that this is what we are seeing.

Citat:
Thiazole, I think have a lead on an exact chemical name to follow up on in solving this mystery. Read the following:

"Overuse of additives with E85 may result in poor vehicle operation. RFA has also made certain recommendations about appropriate detergent treatment of E85. Some detergents, such as polyisobutylene amine, have performed poorly in FFV operation. At some blend levels, these additives may precipitate out of the blend resulting in excessive fuel system deposition."

This info was taken from a pdf I found while researching for a graduate project on E85 I am currently doing, http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/pdfs/41853.pdf

So polyisobutylene amine might be the gum that is precipitating and this is a straight up fuel quality issue and not a fuel environment based one...

Citat:
It wouldn't surprise me if gasoline evaporates faster than ethanol in which case you could see this stuff crash out (since it isn't soluble in ethanol). I doubt it happens in the gas tank, though, or the entire fuel system would be covered in this gunk, which I haven't seen. What probably happens is after turning the engine off, whatever E85 is left on the tips of the injectors and in the intake manifold evaporates off leaving behind this gum. After doing this several times, you get a significant amount of gum formation.

Citat:
It is dissolved in the E85, but just barely so that it readily crashes out at the injector tip. You can't filter it. It would be like filtering out hard water to remove hard water stains. It can't be done until after it crashes out, but by then it is too late.

You wouldn't want to filter this out even if you could, anyway. The E85 I'm buying has about 10mg of this gum/100mL which means it has about 6000mg per tank. The amount of gum required to clog up an injector is probably only 20mg. The amount to clog a fuel filter would probably be about 1000mg or less. If you could filter it, you'd be clogging several filters per tank. When we scale up the synthesis of a ****, if there is an intermediate that forms a gum and requires filtration, it can actually kill that synthesis and send us back to the drawing board. Gums SUCK and there really aren't many good ways to deal with them other than just dissolving them away.

Citat:
Q from someone: I was just thinking that if the gum is a component of the gas that's added to the ethanol to make the E85 (the other 15% that's not ethanol) then adding a little more gas that is more highly refined might push the cross over point far enough that we'd never see it... ?

Citat:
Yes - I suspect that when they add the gasoline to the ethanol that the gum is at or very near the saturation point. If you consider that 10 gallons of E85 only has 1.5 gallons of gasoline in it, adding another 1.5 gallons of non-gum containing gasoline like racing gas would decrease the relative concentration of the gum to gasoline by 50% away from saturation. I think this alone would make a big difference and be pretty affordable if it works.

Det borde alltså lösa sig i något som löser BR gummi / innerslangar

InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 10:55 

aryan skrev:

Men inte löser väl bensin sådant gummi? Tänker när bensin brukar kunna fixa till det hela?

InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 12:27 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

Baggis skrev:
aryan skrev:

Men inte löser väl bensin sådant gummi? Tänker när bensin brukar kunna fixa till det hela?

Jo en bit cykelinnerslang sväller och blir hal och slemmigt om man lägger det i bensin, se också http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/chemi ... _1425.html

Citat:
Isobutylene-isoprene
Lösningsmedel, mjukgörare: Koldisulfid, Petroleumprodukter
Sväller av: Koldisulfid, Hexan (förekommer till viss del i bensin), Petroleumprodukter

IIR (Butylgummi) produkter får "D" (=Olämplig) för Bensin och andra petroleumprodukter i http://www.kuntze.se/Cache/TekniskInfor ... D6C2E7.pdf

Etanol får däremot ett A (=Obetydlig påverkan. Rekommenderas).

InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 13:37 

Aha, ok! Nå då verkar det finnas en trolig teknisk förklaring. Vad som däremot inte har nån förklaring är varför vare sig biltillverkare eller oljebolag har tagit tag i problemet.

InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 14:32 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

Problemet är väll inte tillräklig stort (för dem) tror jag, de anser nog att de löst det med rådet att (ibland) tanka bensin…

Bra E85 utan PIB tillsatsen eller en "riktig" etanolbil som klarar E100 och löser kallstart (och kladd) med lite alkylatbensin i en separat tank skulle förståss lösa alla problem.

InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 14:54 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

Det verkar bli värre vid låga temperaturer om man läser här
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cationic_p ... emperature

Citat:
Effect of temperature
The temperature of the reaction has an effect on the rate of propagation. The overall activation energy for the polymerization (E) is based upon the activation energies for the initiation (Ei), propagation (Ep), and termination (Et) steps:

E = Ei + Ep - Et

Generally Ep, is less than Ei and Et, meaning the overall activation energy is negative. When this is the case, a decrease in temperature leads to an increase in the rate of propagation. The converse is true when the overall activation energy is positive.[6]
Chain length is also affected by temperature. Low reaction temperatures, in the range of 170–190 K, are preferred for producing longer chains.[6] This comes as a result of the activation energy for termination and other side reactions being larger than the activation energy for propagation.[5][6] As the temperature is raised, the energy barrier for the termination reaction is overcome, causing shorter chains to be produced during the polymerization process.[6]

InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 17:05 

aryan skrev:
Problemet är väll inte tillräklig stort (för dem) tror jag, de anser nog att de löst det med rådet att (ibland) tanka bensin…

Bra E85 utan PIB tillsatsen eller en "riktig" etanolbil som klarar E100 och löser kallstart (och kladd) med lite alkylatbensin i en separat tank skulle förståss lösa alla problem.

Saab var ju som sagt inne på E100 ett tag (koncept, men ja den rullade och gick), så visst finns tekniken att köra E100 även här i norr, men sen ska det ju vara ekonomiskt att sälja tekniken!

http://www.saabhistory.com/2007/02/14/s ... at-geneva/

InläggPostat: ons 13-11-20 19:24 

För en som inte har flexmöjligheter, någon som med bestämdhet vet vid v

mvh
Alex

InläggPostat: fre 13-11-22 15:36 

reez skrev:
För en som inte har flexmöjligheter, någon som med bestämdhet vet vid v

mvh
Alex

Halva inlägget försvann visst,

För en som inte har flexmöjligheter, någon som med bestämdhet vet vid vilken koncentration av bf95 det svarta kladdet löser sig? Kanske räcker med att köra 50-50 vilket adapteringen bör klara, annars får jag testa som JK skriver, 70-30 och i värsta fall byta box eller ställa om programvaran lite manuellt. Och köra mycket försiktigt så den elaka tändningen inte ställer till något.

mvh
Alex

InläggPostat: tor 13-11-28 18:50 

reez skrev:
annars får jag testa som JK skriver, 70-30

Jag körde så vid en snäll långkörning utan annat än att tanka. :wink:

J.K Nilsson

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 41 inlägg ]  Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme