Forum för föreningen etanol.nu
Aktuellt datum och tid: fre 24-04-19 02:37

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: mån 07-09-17 17:53 
Forummoderator

http://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2004-01-1884

Title: Investigating the Potential to Obtain Low Emissions From a Diesel Engine Running on Ethanol and Equipped With Egr, Catalyst and Dpf
Document Number: 2004-01-1884

Author(s):
Dan Haupt - Luleå Univ. of Tech.
Kent Nord - Luleå Univ. of Tech.
Peter Ahlvik - Ecotraffic ERD3 AB
Karl-Erik Egeback - Autoemission K-E E Consultant
Bror Tingvall - Luleå Univ. of Tech.
Sören Andersson - STT Emtec AB
Micael Blomquist - STT Emtec AB

Abstract:
Experiments were performed to investigate the potential to achieve low emissions from a diesel engine fueled by ethanol and equipped with a commercially available exhaust after-treatment device, DNO\dx\sT from STT Emtec. The DNO\dx\sT system includes exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) catalysts and a continuously regenerating diesel particulate filter (DPF). Two Euro III classified 9-liter turbocharged, after-cooled diesel engines from Scania were used for the task. One engine was fueled by ethanol and the other by Swedish diesel fuel, EC1. Engine operating conditions of a 22-mode test cycle, including the 13 modes of the European Stationary Cycle (ESC cycle), were used for the tests.

The emissions of NO\dx and HC were small for the ethanol-fueled engine, 3.48 and 0.53 g/kWh, respectively, while the emission of CO was higher, 2.07 g/kWh. Estimations of emitted particle mass were calculated by using the software supplied in the Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer (SMPS). The estimations showed that the ethanol engine emitted only \mA1/10 of the particle mass emitted by the diesel-fueled engine.

A powerful reduction of the regulated emissions was obtained when equipping the ethanol engine with EGR, catalyst and DPF. The emissions of HC, CO and NO\dx decreased down to 0.15, 0.04 and 2.54 g/kWh, respectively, while the estimated particle mass was reduced by 67%. Actually, by using the aftertreatment system, the engine became a Euro IV engine regarding the emissions of HC, CO and NO\dx. The system worked even better with the diesel-fueled engine. The NO\dx emission was reduced by approximately 33% and the estimated particle mass by more than 99%.

Calculations showed that the EGR ratio was higher for the diesel engine than for the ethanol engine. Consequently, by applying a higher EGR ratio for the ethanol engine an additional reduction of the NO\dx emissions should be obtained.

The results indicate that very low NO\dx and particle emissions could be obtained for an ethanol-fueled diesel engine by using the right aftertreatment equipment. Future studies should investigate the possibility to increase the EGR ratio further. The investigations also underline the need for development of a special particulate filter for ethanol engines.

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 1 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme