Etanol.nu

Forum för föreningen etanol.nu
Aktuellt datum och tid: tor 24-03-28 20:23

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 9 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: tor 07-07-19 11:57 

hello to all!

i have some questions about converting two stroke otto-engines (lawn mover, small bikes, trabi 8) etc).

oil and alcohol doesnt mix well, or am i wrong? is there any aproved solution, like a new ethanol mixable fatty esther or so on?
has anybody allready tried the converting of such engines??

i remember a thread on a german forum that some people succesfully converted two stroke enduro bikes with "frischoelschmierung"...
that means oil and gas is mixed immediatly before comming into carburator... i read something about biodiesel (fatty methyl esther) mixing in the ethanol

i hope you can help me!!

greeting from austria andf best regards

mb

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor 07-07-19 22:50 
Forummoderator

Some two-stroke oils works very well with with E85, have a look here:
http://etanol.nu/forumrecover/viewtopic.php?t=1215

,unfortunately in Swedish..

Please note that the three last mentioned are found NOT working well with E85!

InläggPostat: fre 07-07-20 16:24 

Hello!

I don´t know exact what type of small engine you want to convert.
but I can tell you how i converted my Puch Dakota.

You got a few problems when you are going to convert a 2-stroke engine.

The first problem is the 2-stroke oil.
If you use an ordinary mineralbased or half-synthetic 2-stroke oil it will speparate. (The oil will be on the bottom of the tank.)
Castor oil, Or a synthetic oil who is special made for etanol.
Chek out some oil who is special made for ethanol/methanol http://www.klotzlube.com.
I used in the beginning a Oil who is based on Castor. (In Swedish i think it called "Ricin"). but that oil carbonize the whole engine and exhaust. Then a few days ago i found klotzlube.com. I resived a few bottles from the dealer in Sweden. http://www.gesonoil.biz.

The name of that oil is "Klotz orgnial Thecniplate". And it is synthetic. = No carbon/soot. and it will be easly mixed in to Ethanol/Methanol.

Second.
The engine adjust.
when i converted my engine I Moved the Needle to the upper position (3 possibilities) but you also need to adjust the main jet. (Increasing it about 40% +/-.. if you have a low speed jet you can increase it gradual until you got the Torque from the lower rpm.

I have a adjustable main jet on the engine. So it was only to turn the screw until the engine was running well over the whole rev-range

It was everything i done to get the engine running on E85 (Ethanol)

After the converting of the moped the tourqe was increased a lot. And the top speed was still same as before. The moped engine is not tuned to give more horsepower. (original) But you maybe dont know that the swedish mopeds is pluged in the intake maniford.
(My puch in plugged from 15 mm to 7mm. Top Speed about 45 km/h).

I like to answear more questions.
Good luck

Simon L
Skellefteå

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre 07-07-20 21:20 

hello puch dakota!! :D

i also wanted to convert two puch small bikes (moped)

the first will be an old puch maxi L, built in the 1970´s the second one would be a puch ms50 a rare thing and expensive even down here in austria were they were built...
the fine thing is you can get ALL the parts you need by many dealers around in austria, for very little money.. 8)

i will try to get some of that ricin-based oil!

:?: :?:
have you proven how long the mixture is homogen?

in witch proportianal parts (1:25 or 1:50) do you use it? i thing dakota would need some 1:50 if its on original gasoline use.. !?
is cold weather starting a problem to you?
how is the thermic on ethanol? (do you "feel" the engine colder?)

so thanks a lot!

best regards

f :wink:

Inläggsrubrik: Ethanol
InläggPostat: sön 07-07-22 17:59 

hoy!

The fuel/oil mixture is homogen 100% for me. When i use Klotz Orginal Techniplate(Syntetic).
_________________________'
I mix 2% (1:50) And it works well with ethanol. With petrol I mix 2% (1:50)

I think the engine will run a little bit cooler on Ethanol. Because A 2-stroke engine is cooled with the fresh fuel who is intaken (But even the wind or water cooling cools the engine). And when you increase the Jets the engine will get more cooling through it gets more fresh cold fuel (Ethanol).
I Think my puch is running very well on etanol and it is no problem to start it even if it is a little bit cold. (Because i converted the moped in the summer 2007 i have not tried it below zero. (Celsius))

When i start the moped cold i onle push the flow-button on the carburettor and full choke. It will start very well.

To resive spareparts to my puch -73 in no problem even here in the north of sweden.
we got a dealer who is called Cykel-Sture. Or the real name "Ursvikens Moped & Motor"
http://www.ursvikensmoped.se/

Check out a Swedish Puch website.

http://www.puchverkstan.se
You can choose English language.
A lot of nice MS 50 there..

Do you have an e-mail if you like to see a picture on my own puch dakota??

Keep Going on
Simon
Skellefteå

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån 07-07-23 12:12 

hallo dakota!
nice swedish puch site!!

are you a pioneer on ethanol for puch or are there some other people running their 2S bike on ethanol?

here i can get pure ethanol without 15 % of gasoline, so i can even try to run a "pure" alcohol/lubricant-mix...

yes i have, i will send you per pn!

thnaks and best regards

florian

Inläggsrubrik: Ethanol
InläggPostat: mån 07-07-23 22:22 

Hello

I know a guy who converted his own Volvo 360. But no 2-strokes engines. I read just on this forum about "motorcyklar och mopeder" and then i test to convert.
I was just intressed to test, and a little bit peckish to get out some more torque from that small engine.

The biggest thing that i converted the was that we had 2 liters of Shell Sport R (Ricin based oil), It was so simple to just test that it was homogen and then adjust and drive.

That oil bottles was empty last week and then i found Klotz.

Nice, the E96 is even better then the E 85. More power, Less pollution.
But Will not the engine be a little bit more difficult to start when it is cold.

You know that the Ethanol is more difficult to get gas (Fuel mixture (Air/Fuel) )))when it is cold. Thats the reason them blend 15% Petrol in the ethanol. To help you when you cold start the engine. :):)Even the OilSheik like it:):)

Remember i have not tried the puch below zero so i only guess.
But i think i´m on the right trace.

Vänliga hälsningar
Simon

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tis 07-07-24 20:48 

hello!

yes one of the problems of driving poor ethanol is the clear boiling and flash point and point of vaporization of ethanol, but i will try something that was comon in the late 1970´s in the us.

they had varios types to start on cold weather conditions... one was the vaporization of regular gas or a gas/methanol or a gas/ethanol even an nitrocarbol/methanol mix and line into the intake manifold.

a other variant was to inject propane butane 8) (lpg) into intake manifold, that was very effectiv, very cheap and secure. maybe this can be a way for moped starting, cause very small lpg tanks (like a mug, only 125ml)
are built and can easily be installed on the bike..

but i think this all wants to be tested..

:roll:

in sweden its the same think like in continetal eu, there smallbikes also can only drive at approx 45kmh, but they make exceptions if the mobbed is not too fast, especially if it s an oldtimer.
in th late 1950´s there was only a ccm limit, no speed limit, that changed 1968.
i think that will be simmilar to sweden..!?

greetings

f :wink:

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tis 07-07-24 21:44 
Forummoderator

In earlier times (before the moped regulations were harmonized within the EU), a moped in Sweden should have a maximum speed of not more than 30 km/h, engine displacement maximum 50 cm³ and engine power maximum 1 hp for ordinary mopeds or 2 hp for three-wheeled mopeds (vehicles for disabled persons etc).
There was no need for registration of mopeds, but the moped had to be type approved and the owner must have a liability insurance.
So, in all, an old swedish moped was comparable to a "class II" EU moped.

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 9 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme