Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 7 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: fre 13-08-23 17:26 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

http://www.biofuelsdigest.com/bdigest/2 ... using-e85/

Citat:
Land speed record for motorcycles broken using E85

In Ohio, the land speed record for motorcycles was broken using a souped up 2006 Suzuki running on E85. The bike hit 209mph. Motoroids reports rider and tuner Jean-Pierre Trzebiatowski saying, “Everyone thinks it’s a joke till they hear the turbo and see the bike disappear. If you know how to tune you can release power and run a renewable fuel.”

Dela på FacebookDela på TwitterDela på TuentiDela på SonicoDela på FriendFeedDela på OrkutDela på DiggDela på MySpaceDela på DeliciousDela på TechnoratiDela på TumblrDela på Google+

InläggPostat: fre 13-08-23 18:09 

336,35 km/tim, eller 93,4 meter/sekund!

InläggPostat: lör 13-08-24 12:57 

Är det där under en längre sträcka, eller?

Enligt den här tråden är de uppe i över 400 km/h på hojarna.

http://www.sporthoj.com/forum/showthrea ... ost5836583

Volvo V70 -98 140 hk blandtankas ca 50/50
Volvo V70 -98 170 hk blandtankas ca 50/50
VW Polo -95 blandtankas
VW Polo -98 blandtankas
VW Polo -04 blandtankas
Yamaha XJ 900 -85

InläggPostat: lör 13-08-24 14:45 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

Det verkar vara en 750cc turbo hoj, MPS/BF-750/4 class och hastigheten från stillestående efter 1 mile. Så jag ändrade trådrubiken nu.

Här kan man läsa och se lite mera:
http://www.ethanolproducer.com/articles ... n-the-dust
Citat:
Can you imagine getting on a motorcycle and going from a dead stop to a speed of more than 200 miles per hour, all within one mile? Jean-Pierre Trzebiatowski and Thomas Cronan, two motorcycle racers on the No Regret Performance racing and fabrication team, know exactly what that’s like. Trzebiatowski, also the owner of No Regret Performance, first broke the 200 mph mark in a standing mile in East Coast Timing Association motorcycle racing at a precisely calculated speed of 202.254 mph in September 2012. That record was broken later, when current record-holder Cronan reached 209.89 mph in a standing mile. “It’s pretty nuts,” said Tyler Wallace, crew chief and lead assistant fabricator at No Regret Performance.

The motorcycle they broke the record with is a 2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 motorcycle with a 100 percent stock motor with 12.5 to 1 compression ratio and a turbo system designed and built by Trzebiatowski. The racing class is MPS-BF-750-4, which Wallace explained was a modified body-blown fuel racing class for a 750 cc 4 stroke engine motorcycle.

Oh, and, you might be interested to learn the motorcycle runs on E85. As part of the team’s efforts to dispel the false negative rumors about ethanol, the bike has flex-fuel badges clearly displayed on the bike’s tank. “Everyone thinks it’s a joke till they hear the turbo and see the bike disappear,” Trzebiatowski said with a laugh.

In order to take full advantage of ethanol’s high octane content, the team upgraded the bike’s fuel system, replaced the secondary injectors with larger, higher flowing injectors and reprogramed its engine computer to “deliver more fuel for ethanol and boost,” he told me. This is the part where I get into a bit of unfamiliar engine speak. Trzebiatowski told me in an email that the bike reaches 240 rear wheel horsepower (rwhp) and 104 foot pounds of torque on 8 pounds on E85 and 200 rwhp and 89 foot pounds of torque on 5 pounds of boost. I followed up with Wallace for some more explanation and he said it was about measuring foot pounds of torque, the feeling of being pushed back in your seat when reaching high speeds.

The bike is filled up with garden variety E85 from a local gas station pump, Trzebiatowski said. He considers E85 plus the turbo he designed and built, a perfect combination because it gives him plenty of power from an inexpensive fuel. “If you know how to tune you can release power and run a renewable fuel,” he said, adding that he thinks ethanol is a great fuel for motorcycle racing, road driving and performance cars. In fact, he’s not going to stop at one E85 racing bike—he plans to optimize another stock bike for E85 in the future. “I love it,” he said.

The team has some big goals for the future. For one thing, they are looking for additional sponsors. They now have a third racer, Patrick Malphus, who will race the E85 bike for the first time in September. Malphus will attempt to break another record in the same ECTA racing class. The team doesn’t plan to stop at 200 mph, either. They’d like to reach 220 mph and even 250 mph in a standing mile. Now that’s fast.

If you’d like more information or to watch videos and see pictures of the bike getting built, check out No Regret Performance’s Facebook page.

Att pressa 240hkr ur 750cc är väll ganska imponerande!?

och

http://www.motoroids.com/news/ethanol-p ... ph-record/

Citat:
The crew at No Regret Performance (https://www.facebook.com/NoRegretPerformance) are going nuts over their new record set at the East Coast Timing Association motorcycle racing event under the MPS-BF-750-4 class.

Using a 2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 with a stock engine but with a higher compression ratio of 12.5:1, the motorcycle zipped past the finish line at 336.35 kph (209 mph) setting the fastest time for 0-200 mph running on E85 sourced from a local pump (an ethanol fuel mix of 85% denatured ethanol fuel and 15% gasoline). Modifications to the motorcycle include modified throttle bodies, custom built fuel rails and injectors and a Trzebiatowski turbocharger to complement the fuel mix.

Though the feat might not sound astounding to many considering the modifications that went onto the motorcycle, but the vital element here is the fuel used for the run. Usage of E85 was done on purpose to disperse the negative myths surrounding the use of ethanol. Laughing at the controversy, rider and tuner Jean-Pierre Trzebiatowski says “Everyone thinks it’s a joke till they hear the turbo and see the bike disappear. If you know how to tune you can release power and run a renewable fuel.”

In addition to the performance part Trzebiatowski is talking about, E85 does seem a cheap, viable and cost effective alternative for today’s vehicular fueling needs. Also apart from scoring lower on the tailpipe emissions chart over conventional fossil fuel, E85 with its inherent higher octane rating also improves engine performance with lesser wear and tear. The best part is this form of energy can be obtained from renewable sources with one being corn.

Critics have their own share of allegations stating that ethanol from corn might drive up global food prices. Whereas on the other hand, E85 supporters state that 93% of all corn harvests end up as livestock feed.

Anyways getting back to the No Regret Performance Tuning team, they are aiming to optimize another bike fueled with E85 with a target to set a 0-250 mph (402 kph) record.

Här är en liten film om den:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPEfuM7Te2k
Citat:
This is a quick walk around and turn down spool down of my 2006 GSXR 750 with a 100% stock motor running E85. I personally have gone 206 in the mile and Thomas Cronan holds the MPS BF 750-4 record at the OHIO mile on this bike with his first and only ever pass on the bike. Going back in Sept to try to hit 220mph on 100% stock motor and E85. Everything is tuned on ECU editor.

InläggPostat: lör 13-08-24 16:07 

Men hur kan de säga att det är ett nytt rekord när de åker fortare enligt den tråden jag länkade till?

Volvo V70 -98 140 hk blandtankas ca 50/50
Volvo V70 -98 170 hk blandtankas ca 50/50
VW Polo -95 blandtankas
VW Polo -98 blandtankas
VW Polo -04 blandtankas
Yamaha XJ 900 -85

InläggPostat: lör 13-08-24 21:26 
Forumadministratör
Användarvisningsbild

erikn skrev:
Men hur kan de säga att det är ett nytt rekord när de åker fortare enligt den tråden jag länkade till?

Det var lite slarvigt skrivet men det är nog olika tävlingsklassar, etanol motorn (750cc) är ju bara hälften så stor som Suzuki Hayabusa (1300 kubik) som det handrar om i "din" tråd.

InläggPostat: sön 14-04-27 10:56 
Forummoderator

Gött, denna tup av publicitet är mkt bra för att sprida kunskap om E85, precis som det var här hemma.
Snart kanske de fattar i USA också.
Alla varma marknader borde egentligen bli ännu mer exalterade än vi här hemma på nordpolen...De har oftare nytta av spritens kylande effekt.

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 7 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme